Green Chile Pork Stew
Community Recipe from
- 4 pound(s) boned pork shoulder fat trimmed cut in 2 in cubes
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 3 white or yellow onions cut into wedges
- fresh garlic
- ground cumin
- 1 can(s) peeled whole tomatos
- 1 can(s) chicken broth
- 1.5 pound(s) anaheim or poblano chiles peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped oregano leaves
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- chopped cilantro
- lime wedges
- 1. In a 6-8 qt pan combine pork with1/3 cup water. Cover and cook over medium heat stirring occasionally, until meat is very juicy, 15-20 minutes. Uncover, increase heat to high, and cook stirring often, until liquid is evaporated and meat is browned, 20- 30 minutes. Lift out meat ande set aside.
- 2. Reduce heat to medium. IF you have leftover rendered pork fat in the pand, discard all but 3 tbls. if not add oil, Add onions garlic, and cumin, stir and cover. Coo stirring occasionally, until onions are soft, about 8 minutes.
- 3. Return meat and any accumulated juices to pan. Add tomatoes with their juice and broth. Break up tomatoes with a spoon. Bring almost to a boil, then reduce to a gentle simmer, cover and cook 1 hour.
- 4. Stir in chiles and oregano. Cover and cook until pork is very tender when pierced and flavors are blended, about 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lime wedges to squeeze over chili.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Ger91768 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Green Chile Pork Stew Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes