An old favorite that I wanted to add to my electronic recipe file. I've served this at many parties -- with "scoop style" corn chips -- to rave reviews. Use high quality cheese . . . delicious!
Green Chile-Pimiento Cheese
- 2 (8-ounce) blocks extra sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8-ounce) block Monterey Jack cheese with peppers, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 1 medium poblano chile pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 small sweet onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Stir together all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Note: Spread 1/2 cup cheese mixture on 6 to 8 whole grain bread slices; top with bread slices. Trim crusts, and cut sandwiches lengthwise into thirds. Reserve remaining cheese for other uses.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note