Green Chile Chicken Soft Tacos (Mexican Everyday pg.198)
Poblano chiles, roasted tomatillo salsa, blackened chicken... Tacos de Pollo al Chile Poblano
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 whole(s) fresh Poblano Chiles
- 1 whole(s) onion
- 1 pound(s) Chicken breast
- 3 tablespoon(s) Lime Juice
- 2 whole(s) garlic cloves
- 1 package(s) tortillas (made from scatch is yummier)
- Roast Poblano over an open flame or 4 inches below a broiler, turning regularly until blistered and blackened all over
- Place in a bowl, cover with a kitchen towel and let cool until handelable
- Turn oven to it's lowest setting. Heat 1 tbs. of oil in very large skillet over medium high. Add onions and cook until golden but still crunch 4-5 min. Scoop into a heatproof serving bowl, leaving as much oil as possible in the skillet, and slide to into the oven, set skillet aside.
- Rub the blackened skin off the chiles and pull out the stems and seed pods. Rinse the chilles. Cut into 1/4 inch strips and stir into the onions. Taste and season with salt. Add to bowl in oven, return to oven.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken breast with salt and pepper. Return the skillet to medium heat. Add the remaining 1 tbs oil. When oil is hot lay in the chicken breast. Brown on one side, about 5 min. Flip and finish cookin about 4 min.
- When the meat is done, add lime juice and garlic to skillet. Turn chicken into mixture until juice becomes glaze. Cut chicken into 1/4 inch breast and mix with Poblano mixture. Add salt if needed.
- Serve with warm tortillas.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mandjp and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note