Green Chile-Cheddar-Pecan Dressing
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 7 cups cornbread crumbs*
- 6 cups biscuit crumbs (we tested with Pillsbury Frozen Buttermilk Biscuits)
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can sweet whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- Garnish: fresh cilantro
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl, tossing well. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until toasted; set aside.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups cheese and next 9 ingredients in a large bowl. Add broth, stirring just until moistened. Spoon dressing into a lightly greased 13" x 9" baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and reserved pecans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 to 55 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Garnish, if desired.
- *1 (28-ounce) package of frozen Sister Schubert's Southern Cornbread is equivalent to the 7 cups of cornbread crumbs needed in this recipe. Otherwise, look for baked cornbread in your supermarket deli.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This