- 6 (4- to 6-oz.) catfish or tilapia fillets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (4-oz.) can chopped green chiles
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. hot sauce
How to Make It
Sprinkle fillets evenly with salt and pepper. Arrange fillets on a lightly greased wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined broiler pan.
Stir together green chiles, ketchup, and next 5 ingredients. Spoon half of mixture evenly over fillets, reserving remaining half.
Broil 7 to 8 inches from heat 18 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. (Do not overcook.) Serve fish with reserved green chile mixture.