Green Bell Pepper Sauce
This recipe goes with Barbecue Shrimp And Cornbread-Stuffed Peppers
Yield: 4 cups
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Sauté first 3 ingredients in hot oil in a large saucepan until tender. Add 1 cup chicken broth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 7 minutes. Add spinach leaves, and simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Process bell pepper mixture in a blender until very smooth. Stir in enough remaining chicken broth to reach sauce consistency, if necessary. Pour through a wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, discarding solids; stir in salt and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This