This is good but DH did not like the tarragon so next time will adjust the fresh herbs. Very pretty salad that would be great for a picnic or summer bbq party.
Green Bean–Tomato Salad with Herbs
Photo: © Quentin Bacon
Salade Niçoise is one of the great summer dishes of Southern France. It's the centerpiece of a party that's all about sunny Mediterranean style, from the wine to the plates to the tea towels.
- 2 pounds green beans
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped thyme leaves
- 1/2 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until they are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse the green beans under cold water until they are chilled; pat the green beans dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk the mustard with the vinegar. Gradually whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the green beans, tarragon, chives and thyme and toss to coat. Add the tomatoes, toss gently and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads