Green Beans with Zucchini
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook green beans in boiling salted water to cover, in a large Dutch oven, 10 to 15 minutes or until crisp tender. Drain.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add sliced zucchini, and sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in beans, bacon, salt, and pepper, and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables