Green Beans with Toasted Walnuts and Dried-Cherry Vinaigrette
yield: Makes 8 servings active time: 20 minutes total time: 20 minutes The technique: For crisp-tender vegetables, boil them quickly, then dump them into a bowl of ice water. The payoff: The rapid boil cooks the veggies just enough; the ice water stops the cooking and intensifies the color of the vegetables. Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Green-Beans-with-Toasted-Walnuts-and-Dried-Cherry-Vinaigrette-361791#ixzz167uPMYSW
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh mint
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) coarse kosher salt
- 1/3 cup(s) dried tart cherries
- 1/3 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup(s) minced shallots
- 3 tablespoon(s) Sherry wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon(s) Sherry wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 1/2 pound(s) trimmed slender green beans (such as haricots verts)
- Whisk first 6 ingredients and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in small bowl. Mix in dried cherries; set aside. DO AHEAD: Vinaigrette can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill. Bring to room temperature; rewhisk before using.
- Fill large bowl with water and ice; set aside. Cook green beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain. Transfer to bowl with ice water; cool. Drain. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Wrap in paper towels; enclose in resealable plastic bag and chill. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour before continuing.
- Toss green beans, walnuts, and vinaigrette in large bowl. DO AHEAD: Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Transfer to platter and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Elyseglenna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note