I served this at our dinner party for 50. I thought it was good and would make it again, but it wasn't a smash hit with the crowd. In fact, I had more green beans left over than any of the other 4 sides. This recipe is definitely best fresh - microwaved leftovers are almost entirely devoid of flavor.
Green Beans with Toasted Hazelnut-Lemon Butter
Prepare the butter up to a week ahead and refrigerate, or up to three weeks in advance and freeze. Prepare extra butter to serve with bread or baked potatoes.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/3 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 54
- Calories from fat: 52%
- Fat: 3.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 1.7g
- Carbohydrate: 6.4g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 400mg
- Calcium: 51mg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 8 cups water
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- Combine butter, hazelnuts, rind, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small bowl; stir with a fork until well blended.
- Bring 8 cups water and remaining 1 3/4 teaspoons salt to a boil in a large saucepan. Add green beans; cook 3 minutes. Drain. Return pan to medium heat. Add beans and butter mixture; cook 3 minutes or until the butter mixture melts. Toss gently to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Green Beans with Toasted Hazelnut-Lemon Butter Recipe at a Glance