Excellent. Easy. Great because you can blanch green beans, grate lemon rind, and mince garlic the night before. Best to toast almonds at the last minute. Keep the green beans crisp, especially if guests take leftovers home. They will be able to reheat without getting mushy beans.
Green Beans with Toasted Almonds and Lemon
If your grocer doesn't carry bags of pretrimmed green beans, start with 1 3/4 lb. of untrimmed beans to get an equivalent amount of beans called for here.
More From Oxmoor House
- 2 (12-oz.) packages trimmed fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Cook green beans in boiling salted water to cover 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge beans into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add garlic, and sauté 1 minute or until golden. Stir in green beans, lemon rind, salt, and pepper; sauté 4 minutes or until beans are thoroughly heated. Add lemon juice and almonds; toss well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables