Green Beans with Tasso Ham
Tasso Ham is cajun-spiced pork that has been cured and then smoked. Jay's Market Place, 3618 49th St. N, St. Petersburg. Serves Cajun spices, Cajun sausages and anything for gumbo; (727) 528-0707.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 teaspoon(s) apple-cider vinegar
- 3 pound(s) fresh green beans
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoon(s) garlic finely minced (about 4 cloves)
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 2 ounce(s) tasso ham
- 3 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1. Place ham in the freezer until almost frozen, 3-4 hours. Cut into julienne strips. Set aside.
- 2. Fill a large pot with water, bring to boil. Add beans; cook until bright green, 2-3 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water, set aside.
- 3. Place butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When butter is melted, add onions and garlic; saute until onions are translucent - about 5 minutes. Add green beans, and turn heat to high; saute tossing until beans are heated through - about 2 minutes.
- 4. Add ham, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper; saute until ham renders fat - about 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BigSteve and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note