This dressing tastes really awful. I made it twice and checked the recipe. The flavors sound like they would blend, but they didn't and it is way too salty (probably the mustard has enough salt). Anyway, it was supposed to be for Christmas dinner, but no way can I serve this.
Green Beans With Tangy Mustard Sauce
More From Southern Living
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon country-style Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12-oz.) package fresh green beans*
- 1. Whisk together first 6 ingredients in a small bowl until well blended.
- 2. Prepare green beans according to package directions. Toss green beans with desired amount of dressing.
- *1 (12-oz.) package frozen cut green beans may be substituted. For testing purposes only, we used Birds Eye Steamfresh Fresh Frozen Cut Green Beans.
- Kitchen Express: Omit olive oil, vinegar, and next 3 ingredients. Stir together mustard and 1/2 cup bottled balsamic vinaigrette. Proceed with recipe as directed in Step 2.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This