Green Beans with Spiced Walnuts
To save prep time, use a bag of pretrimmed fresh green beans. You'll find them in the produce section.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 64
- Calories from fat: 60%
- Fat: 4.3g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 5.5g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 134mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1. Cook beans in boiling water 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add walnuts and next 3 ingredients; cook 2 minutes or until nuts are toasted. Add broth; cook 2 minutes or until broth is reduced by half. Stir in green beans, tossing well to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note