This has become one of our staples in our kitchen.
Green Beans With Shallots and Red Pepper
Photo: Beth Dreiling; Styling: Tyler Asbury
More From Southern Living
- 2 (16-oz.) packages frozen whole green beans, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 large shallots, thinly sliced*
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt**
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Cook green beans in boiling salted water to cover 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain well.
- 2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add sliced shallots and bell pepper, and sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Add green beans, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and toss to combine.
- *1/2 small sweet onion, thinly sliced, may be substituted.
- **1/2 tsp. regular salt may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables