Super-easy to prep in advance (cook beans & hold and saute shallots & hold) then a quick finish before dinner. Used french green beans and a little less oil than called for, this was very good. Served with CL's snapper with mango salsa.
Green Beans with Shallots and Hazelnuts
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 88
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 9.1g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 137mg
- Calcium: 36mg
- 2 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1. Combine 2 quarts water and 1 tablespoon salt in a large Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Add green beans; cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and plunge beans into ice water; drain.
- 2. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, swirling to coat. Add shallots, and sauté for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Add beans, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper; toss to coat. Cook for 2 minutes or until beans are thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with hazelnuts.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note