Green Beans With Shallots
The first step is a cooking technique called blanching. You cook the green beans just a little, and then stop the cooking process by plunging vegetables in cold water.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 medium shallots, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons herb-vegetable seasoning blend
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cook green beans in boiling salted water to cover 8 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
- Sauté shallots in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add green beans, seasoning blend, and pepper; sauté until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Spike's Seasoning.
- To make ahead: Wrap blanched green beans in a dry paper towel, and place in a large zip-top plastic bag. Chill up to 24 hours. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note