Green Beans With Shallots
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 medium shallots, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons herb-vegetable seasoning blend
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cook green beans in boiling salted water to cover 8 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
- Sauté shallots in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add green beans, seasoning blend, and pepper; sauté until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Spike's Seasoning.
- To make ahead: Wrap blanched green beans in a dry paper towel, and place in a large zip-top plastic bag. Chill up to 24 hours. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables