Great way to change up beans. Addressing prior reviews, it is much easier/faster to roast the tomato mixture on a hot outdoor grill on the grill pan made for roasting vegetables on a grill. Don't bother peeling the tomatoes. Try using smaller tomatoes and don't cut in half at all.
Green Beans with Roasted Tomatoes and Cumin
An easy way to peel tomatoes is to place them in a pot of boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove them with a slotted spoon, then plunge the tomatoes into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. The skins will slide off easily.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 64
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 2.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 10.9g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 159mg
- Calcium: 47mg
- 2 cups sliced red onion
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- Cooking spray
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled and halved (about 2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, lightly crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place onion and garlic on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Place tomato halves, cut sides up, over onion. Combine thyme, cumin, salt, black pepper, and red pepper; sprinkle over tomatoes. Lightly coat vegetables with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until onion is browned and tomatoes are tender. Cool. Place mixture in a food processor; pulse 6 times or until mixture is slightly chunky. Stir in vinegar.
- Cook beans in boiling water in a medium saucepan for 7 minutes or just until tender. Drain. Return to pan, and toss with olive oil. Add tomato mixture, and cook for 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Green Beans with Roasted Tomatoes and Cumin Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This