Tastes great and simple to make! These have become a holiday staple for us.
Green Beans with Roasted Shallots
More From Oxmoor House
- 2 1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 pound shallots, peeled and halved (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cook green beans in boiling, salted water 7 to 9 minutes or until crisp-tender. Plunge beans into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain and set aside.
- Spread shallots in a single layer on an ungreased jelly-roll pan. Drizzle with olive oil; toss well to coat. Bake at 450° for 35 minutes or until shallots are roasted, stirring twice.
- Combine beans, salt, and pepper in a large serving bowl; add roasted shallots and pan drippings; toss well. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Fix it Faster: You can find trimmed ready-to-eat green beans in the produce section of your grocery store.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables