Green Beans with Roasted Mushrooms
The roasted mushrooms tossed with slender French green beans make a rich but light side dish. Regular green beans and button mushrooms can be substituted.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 84
- Calories from fat: 42%
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Carbohydrate: 10.6g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 157mg
- Calcium: 42mg
- 2 pounds haricots verts, trimmed
- 1 1/2 pounds assorted mushrooms, quartered (we tested with 6 [4-oz.] packages of Gourmet Mushroom Blend)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place green beans in a large pot of boiling water, and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Immediately plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process. Cover and chill up to 2 days.
- Combine mushrooms, 1 Tbsp. vinegar, and next 4 ingredients on a large rimmed baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spread mushrooms in a single layer.
- Roast at 425° for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender and browned, stirring once or twice. Reheat green beans in the microwave at HIGH 3 minutes or until hot. Combine green beans, roasted mushrooms, and remaining 1 Tbsp. vinegar; toss well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note