Made once to recipe & the beans glistened just like the photo. Made it again last night, subbing walnuts & walnut oil, but using just a little more than half the oil. Both nice, but preferred less oil.
Green Beans with Orange and Hazelnuts
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
Myth-Buster Recipe. Salted boiling water helps blanched veggies retain their structure and nutrients and doesn't add much sodium. Substitute olive oil for hazelnut oil, if it's easier.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 2/3 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 110
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Carbohydrate: 9.9g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 81mg
- Calcium: 54mg
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon thin orange rind strips
- 2 teaspoons roasted hazelnut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Place hazelnuts on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes; stir once. Turn nuts out onto a towel. Roll up towel; rub off skins. Chop nuts.
- 3. Combine 2 quarts water and 1/4 cup salt in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Add beans; cook 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Place in a serving bowl. Add nuts, rind, oil, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; toss well to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This