- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
How to Make It
Cook beans in boiling salted water 10 to 12 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain and set aside.
Melt butter with olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add sage, and sauté 1 minute or until crisp and dark green. Remove with a slotted spoon, and set aside.
Add mushrooms and garlic to skillet; sauté 2 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Add green beans, tossing to combine. Stir in broth and next 4 ingredients; cook 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in sage just before serving.