Yum! Even my husband, who is not a fan of green beans, liked this dish! Used frozen beans (boiled for like 3 minutes) and came out great. This recipe is a keeper. Will make again and try with other veggies, like broccoli.
Green Beans with Lemon and Garlic
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 49
- Calories from fat: 40%
- Fat: 2.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 1.7g
- Carbohydrate: 7.2g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 2.5mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 111mg
- Calcium: 37mg
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Bring water to a boil in a large skillet. Add beans; cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 8 minutes or until tender. Drain beans; pat dry.
- Heat oil and butter in pan over medium heat. Add garlic, and sauté 30 seconds. Add beans, juice, salt, and pepper; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with parsley.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note