- 2 pounds fresh green beans
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Garnish: fresh dill sprigs
How to Make It
Cook green beans and 1 teaspoon salt in boiling water to cover in a large saucepan 2 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and remove green beans.
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; add garlic, and sauté 30 seconds. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, lemon rind, and lemon juice. Add green beans and chopped dill, tossing to coat. Garnish, if desired.