Green Beans with Lemon-Butter Breadcrumbs
Spiced breadcrumbs add a crunchy twist to traditional green beans. Remember this one for your next holiday recipe update.
More From Health
- Calories: 101
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 255mg
- Calcium: 51mg
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon sea salt, plus 1/4 teaspoon, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add panko; stir constantly for 2 minutes or until golden. Remove from heat. Stir in zest and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 2. Fill a large saucepan 2/3 full of water; bring to a boil. Add remaining 1 tablespoon salt. Add beans; cook 2 minutes. Fill a large bowl 2/3 full of ice water. Transfer beans to ice water to cool; drain.
- 3. Add oil to a skillet over medium heat. Add beans; sauté, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until heated. Add lemon juice and almonds; sauté 1 minute. Season with pepper. Add panko topping; serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note