Delicious! I actually made it without the almonds and shallots (didn't have any on hand) and it was still wonderful! Great way to use green beans and tomatoes from the farmers market!
Green Beans with Goat Cheese, Tomatoes, and Almonds
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Sissy Lamerton
More From Southern Living
Other: 6 Minutes
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 pounds haricots verts (tiny green beans), trimmed
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar*
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 (4-oz.) goat cheese log, crumbled
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake almonds in a single layer in a shallow pan 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- 2. Cook green beans in boiling salted water to cover 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge beans into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
- 3. Whisk together vinegar and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; add olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until blended and smooth. Add cherry tomatoes, shallots, garlic, and green beans; toss to coat.
- 4. Top green bean mixture with crumbled goat cheese and toasted almonds.
- *White wine vinegar may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables