Super easy which was appreciated this Thanksgiving--and delicious! The buttery sauce makes them appealing to kids, and the walnuts adds something a little different for the adults. Definitely a keeper!
Green Beans with Crushed Walnuts
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
This simple dish relies on freshly ground nutmeg. Look for whole nutmeg in the spice aisle, and store it in the freezer for up to a year.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2/3 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 52
- Calories from fat: 52%
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 1.8g
- Carbohydrate: 5.8g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 213mg
- Calcium: 31mg
- 1 1/4 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons finely crushed walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground whole nutmeg
- Place beans in a large saucepan of boiling water; cook 5 minutes. Drain.
- Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add walnuts; sauté for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add beans, salt, and nutmeg; cook for 1 minute.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note