I like the crunch of the crumbs with this. Lemon and green beans are always good together. Easy. But definitely put the crumbs on at the last minute. Did not like the crumbs as left-overs. Too soggy.
Green Beans with Crisp Meyer Lemon Bread Crumbs
Time: 45 minutes. Olive oil– and citrus-toasted crumbs make this Thanksgiving staple special.
Yield: Serves 10
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 91
- Calories from fat: 54%
- Protein: 2.1g
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrate: 9.4g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Sodium: 94mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 cups coarse fresh ciabatta bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Finely shredded zest of 2 small Meyer lemons
- About 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- About 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 teaspoon fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1. In a large frying pan over medium heat, cook crumbs in 2 tbsp. oil, stirring, 5 minutes. Stir in zest and 1/8 tsp. each salt and pepper. Cook and stir until golden, 5 more minutes. Pour into a bowl.
- 2. In a large pot fitted with a steamer basket, steam beans over 1 in. boiling water, stirring once, 7 to 10 minutes.
- 3. Combine 2 tbsp. oil with lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Drain beans, toss with dressing, and pour into a shallow bowl. Top with crumbs; serve immediately.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes