- 2 cups coarse fresh ciabatta bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Finely shredded zest of 2 small Meyer lemons
- About 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- About 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 teaspoon fresh Meyer lemon juice
- calories 91
- caloriesfromfat 54 %
- protein 2.1 g
- fat 5.6 g
- satfat 0.8 g
- carbohydrate 9.4 g
- fiber 2.7 g
- sodium 94 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
In a large frying pan over medium heat, cook crumbs in 2 tbsp. oil, stirring, 5 minutes. Stir in zest and 1/8 tsp. each salt and pepper. Cook and stir until golden, 5 more minutes. Pour into a bowl.
In a large pot fitted with a steamer basket, steam beans over 1 in. boiling water, stirring once, 7 to 10 minutes.
Combine 2 tbsp. oil with lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Drain beans, toss with dressing, and pour into a shallow bowl. Top with crumbs; serve immediately.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.