Green Beans with Citrus Vinaigrette
This green bean recipe gets its flavor from the hit of citrus in the dressing. Serve it with your favorite grilled chicken recipe tonight.
More From Health
- Calories: 89
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 150mg
- Calcium: 59mg
- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 5 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan, and add green beans. Cook beans for 4 minutes or until crisp-tender, and drain. Rinse with cold water, drain, and set aside.
- 2. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots; cook 2 minutes or until shallots begin to brown, stirring constantly.
- 3. Combine the shallots, lemon rind, lemon juice, lime juice, orange juice, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Slowly add 4 1/2 teaspoons oil, stirring well. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the beans, tossing gently to coat.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note