Green Beans with Citrus Vinaigrette
More From Health
- Calories: 89
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 150mg
- Calcium: 59mg
- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 5 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan, and add green beans. Cook beans for 4 minutes or until crisp-tender, and drain. Rinse with cold water, drain, and set aside.
- 2. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots; cook 2 minutes or until shallots begin to brown, stirring constantly.
- 3. Combine the shallots, lemon rind, lemon juice, lime juice, orange juice, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Slowly add 4 1/2 teaspoons oil, stirring well. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the beans, tossing gently to coat.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note