Green Beans with Carmelized Pecans
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) pecan halves & pieces (2oz)
- 2.5 pound(s) green beans, trimmed
- 5 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup(s) shallots, finely chopped (about 2 medium)
- 3 tablespoon(s) packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground pepper
- Oven to 350. Spread pecans on rimmed pan sheet and bake until golden - about 6-8 minutes. Cool & coarsley chop. Cook beans in 6-8 qts of salted boiling water, uncovered until just tender, 5-8 min. Transfer beans to colander submerged in ice water to stop cooking. Drain well, dry on towels. Heat butter in skillet; add shallots & cook til pale golden (2-3 min). Reduce heat and stir in sugar til dissolved, add pecans, stir togeter for 1 minute. Add beans, salt & pepper, sauteing beans in butter til heated through 2-4 minutes. Transfer to platter to serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KGabriel and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Green Beans with Carmelized Pecans Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables