This was great. I used Costco's baby green beans which I had previously cooked and frozen and added sauteed mushrooms. I served it with Spanish style pork loin, smoked, from (otherwhitemeat) website and roasted potatoes.
Green Beans with Caramelized Onions
Prepare the onions up to 2 days ahead and refrigerate. Add them to the green beans in a last-minute sauté just before serving. The onions are thawed to reduce the liquid that can splatter in the hot pan.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 89
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 2.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Carbohydrate: 15.4g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 249mg
- Calcium: 67mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 (16-ounce) packages frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pat onions dry with paper towels; add to pan. Increase heat to medium-high; sauté onions 5 minutes. Add sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt; sauté 15 minutes or until onions are tender and golden brown. Spoon into a bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add beans; sauté 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add onions, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper; cook 2 minutes or until mixture is thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note