Green Beans With Caramelized Garlic
Gently cooking the garlic in oil mellows the flavor and tenderizes the cloves. Once you've removed the cloves, store garlic-infused oil in a jar in the fridge up to one month to add garlicky goodness to other dishes.
More From Southern Living
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Peel garlic cloves, and place in a small saucepan with olive oil. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, 6 to 7 minutes or until tender and golden. Remove garlic, using a slotted spoon. Reserve garlic and 2 Tbsp. garlic oil; store remaining oil in refrigerator.
- 2. Cook beans in boiling salted water to cover in a Dutch oven 8 to 9 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into salted ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
- 3. Sauté bell pepper in 2 Tbsp. hot reserved garlic oil in Dutch oven over medium heat 3 minutes or until tender. Add beans and garlic cloves, tossing to coat; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Toss beans with salt and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Green Beans With Caramelized Garlic Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables