Green Beans With Blue Cheese
Make a green bean side dish that pairs perfectly with barbecue, grilled chicken, or even a holiday feast. Toss frequently to evenly distribute ingredients.
More From Southern Living
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cut trimmed green beans into 2-inch pieces.
- Arrange beans in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam 5 minutes. Plunge beans into ice water to stop cooking process; drain.
- Sauté 1 cup chopped ham in a large skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes; add green beans, and sauté 3 minutes. Add crumbled blue cheese, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Add 1/3 cup chopped walnuts and 1 teaspoon pepper, tossing well. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This