Green Beans with Basil Vinaigrette
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans or walnuts, chopped
- Cook green beans in boiling water to cover 8 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
- Process vinegar and next 5 ingredients in a blender until smooth. With blender running, pour oil through top opening in a slow, steady stream, and process until smooth.
- Combine beans, bell pepper strips, and onion. Pour vinaigrette over vegetables, tossing gently to coat. Sprinkle with pecans. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads