This was wonderful, very quick and easy and it tasted great. I substituted maple balsamic and cut back on the amount of brown sugar.
Green Beans with Bacon-Balsamic Vinaigrette
Bits of crispy bacon, almonds, and balsamic vinegar can dress up steamed green beans and make them appealing even to the veggie-averse. Or try the same method with any of your favorite veggies from cabbage to peas to corn.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 75
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 2.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Carbohydrate: 11.8g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 50mg
- Calcium: 54mg
- 2 pounds green beans
- 2 bacon slices
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- Cook green beans in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain well; set aside.
- Cook bacon in a small skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet. Crumble; set aside. Add shallots to bacon fat in skillet; sauté 1 minute. Add almonds; sauté 1 minute. Remove and let cool. Add sugar and vinegar; stir until sugar dissolves. Add crumbled bacon.
- Pour vinaigrette over beans, tossing gently to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note