Green Beans in Tomato Sauce
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed*
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Cook green beans in boiling water to cover 5 to 10 minutes or to desired degree of doneness; drain and set aside.
- Sauté onion and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add tomato sauce and sugar; cook, stirring often, 5 minutes. Add green beans, salt, pepper, and vinegar; cook 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley, and serve immediately.
- * 1 pound frozen whole green beans may be substituted for fresh green beans. Cook according to package directions; drain well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Green Beans in Tomato Sauce Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables