I have made this for years and it is excellent! I hate using canned soup with all the preservatives, sodium and yuck. This has a fresh taste and is delicious. I make just as written.
Green Beans Supreme
This isn’t your usual green bean casserole. Loaded with cheese and sour cream, it will be your new favorite!
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, snipped
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8-oz. container sour cream
- 16-oz. pkg. frozen French-style green beans, cooked
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
- Cook onion slices and parsley in 2 tablespoons butter until onion is tender.
- Blend in flour, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Stir in milk; heat until thick and bubbly. Add sour cream and beans; heat through. Spoon into an ungreased 2-quart baking dish; sprinkle with cheese. Melt remaining butter and toss with bread crumbs; sprinkle on top of beans. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat source for 3 minutes, or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This