- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, snipped
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8-oz. container sour cream
- 16-oz. pkg. frozen French-style green beans, cooked
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
How to Make It
Cook onion slices and parsley in 2 tablespoons butter until onion is tender.
Blend in flour, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Stir in milk; heat until thick and bubbly. Add sour cream and beans; heat through. Spoon into an ungreased 2-quart baking dish; sprinkle with cheese. Melt remaining butter and toss with bread crumbs; sprinkle on top of beans. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat source for 3 minutes, or until golden.