Green Beans with Stewed Tomatoes and Spices
Photo: Randy Mayor; Stylist: Cindy Barr
Green Beans with Stewed Tomatoes and Spices offer a speedy side that delivers high flavor for this quick side dish.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 92
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Sodium: 253mg
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 cups chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil. Add onion and green beans; cook 5 minutes.
- 2. Stir in cumin, marjoram, allspice, and garlic. Add tomato and water; cook 9 minutes. Stir in kosher salt and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note