Green Beans and Red Potatoes
- 1/2 pound smoked ham hocks
- 3 quarts chicken broth
- 2 1/2 pounds fresh whole green beans, trimmed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes, halved
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 bay leaf
- Freshly ground pepper (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Bring ham hocks and chicken broth to a boil in a large Dutch oven; reduce heat to low, and simmer about 20 minutes.
- Add green beans and next 4 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer about 30 minutes or until beans and potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper, if desired. Add salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables