Very flavorful! Used garden fresh veggies and turned out wonderful. Very easy andd quick recipe.
Green Beans and Potatoes in Chunky Tomato Sauce
Green beans, potatoes and tomatoes come together for the ultimate side dish. To peel tomatoes, score the skin by making a small X on the bottom side with a sharp knife. Place tomato in boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove tomato using a slotted spoon; immediately submerge in a bowl of ice water. Let stand for one minute. Skin should pull off easily with a sharp knife.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 70
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Fat: 2.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 1.9g
- Carbohydrate: 11.1g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 159mg
- Calcium: 47mg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups diced red potato
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 pound plum tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic to pan; sauté 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add potato, celery, salt, and beans; sauté 1 minute. Add 1/4 cup water; cover and cook 5 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Add cilantro and tomatoes. Cover, reduce heat, and cook 4 minutes or until tomatoes begin to soften, stirring occasionally. Stir in peppers.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note