Green Beans with Lemon and Walnuts
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Karen Shinto
This simple side dish from reader Trisha Kruse, of Eagle, Idaho, is a great way to use a summer staple in a flavorful way.
Yield: Serves 8 (serving size: 1/2 cup)
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 80
- Calories from fat: 72%
- Protein: 2.2g
- Fat: 6.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 5.5g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Sodium: 162mg
- Cholesterol: 3.9mg
- 1 pound green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1. Fill a medium pot with 1 in. water, insert a steamer basket, and bring to a boil, covered. Put beans in steamer and cover. Steam until bright green and tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain.
- 2. Put beans on a serving plate. Drizzle with butter and lemon juice. Sprinkle with zest, salt, and walnuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note