Green Beans with Lemon and Walnuts
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Karen Shinto
This simple side dish from reader Trisha Kruse, of Eagle, Idaho, is a great way to use a summer staple in a flavorful way.
Yield: Serves 8 (serving size: 1/2 cup)
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 80
- Calories from fat: 72%
- Protein: 2.2g
- Fat: 6.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 5.5g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Sodium: 162mg
- Cholesterol: 3.9mg
- 1 pound green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1. Fill a medium pot with 1 in. water, insert a steamer basket, and bring to a boil, covered. Put beans in steamer and cover. Steam until bright green and tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain.
- 2. Put beans on a serving plate. Drizzle with butter and lemon juice. Sprinkle with zest, salt, and walnuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads