Green Beans Amandine
- 12 slices bacon
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 (16-ounce) cans French-style green beans, drained
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, toasted
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon, reserving 1/2 cup drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
- Sauté onion in drippings until tender. Add beans, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Combine bean mixture, almonds, and crumbled bacon in a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Transfer to a serving bowl.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This