It's very easy and great but if you want them to taste even classier then add olive oil to the water instead of using butter!
Green Beans Amandine
Photo: Ralph Anderson
Yield: 10 servings
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 pounds fresh green beans
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Bake sliced almonds in a shallow pan at 350° for 5 to 10 minutes or until toasted. Set almonds aside.
- Split beans lengthwise.
- Cook beans in boiling water to cover in a Dutch oven 4 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Melt butter in Dutch oven; add almonds, beans, lemon juice, salt, and pepper, tossing to coat. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables