It's very easy and great but if you want them to taste even classier then add olive oil to the water instead of using butter!
Green Beans Amandine
Photo: Ralph Anderson
Yield: 10 servings
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 pounds fresh green beans
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Bake sliced almonds in a shallow pan at 350° for 5 to 10 minutes or until toasted. Set almonds aside.
- Split beans lengthwise.
- Cook beans in boiling water to cover in a Dutch oven 4 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Melt butter in Dutch oven; add almonds, beans, lemon juice, salt, and pepper, tossing to coat. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note