Nice blend of flavors but I had to add some half-and half, because there was no enough dressing
Green Bean and Whole-grain Penne Salad
More From Sunset
- Calories: 214
- Calories from fat: 42%
- Protein: 7.9g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Sodium: 363mg
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, stems trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-in. lengths
- 16 ounces whole-grain penne, rotini, rotelle, or fusilli pasta
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- About 1/3 lb. Roquefort cheese
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons each finely chopped flat-leaf parsley and finely chopped chives
- 5 crisply cooked thick slices bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Bring 2 large pots of salted water to a boil. Prepare a large bowl of ice and cold water. In one pot, boil green beans 3 minutes; drain and plunge in ice water to stop cooking. In the other, cook pasta until tender to the bite, 9 to 12 minutes or according to package directions. Drain and rinse thoroughly under cold water until completely cool (see Notes).
- 2. In a food processor, pulse mayonnaise, Roquefort, and vinegar until well combined but still slightly chunky.
- 3. In a large bowl, toss together pasta, green beans, Roquefort dressing, parsley, chives, bacon, and pepper until pasta is well coated. Season with salt to taste.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1-cup serving.
Ingredients can be prepped and pasta cooked a day ahead of time and chilled (add 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil to the cooked pasta). Toss everything together just before serving. The dressing can be made ahead too; if it thickens, thin it with a little more vinegar or even milk.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note