- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, stems trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-in. lengths
- 16 ounces whole-grain penne, rotini, rotelle, or fusilli pasta
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- About 1/3 lb. Roquefort cheese
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons each finely chopped flat-leaf parsley and finely chopped chives
- 5 crisply cooked thick slices bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- calories 214
- caloriesfromfat 42 %
- protein 7.9 g
- fat 10 g
- satfat 3.3 g
- carbohydrate 24 g
- fiber 4.1 g
- sodium 363 mg
- cholesterol 15 mg
How to Make It
Bring 2 large pots of salted water to a boil. Prepare a large bowl of ice and cold water. In one pot, boil green beans 3 minutes; drain and plunge in ice water to stop cooking. In the other, cook pasta until tender to the bite, 9 to 12 minutes or according to package directions. Drain and rinse thoroughly under cold water until completely cool (see Notes).
In a food processor, pulse mayonnaise, Roquefort, and vinegar until well combined but still slightly chunky.
In a large bowl, toss together pasta, green beans, Roquefort dressing, parsley, chives, bacon, and pepper until pasta is well coated. Season with salt to taste.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1-cup serving.
Ingredients can be prepped and pasta cooked a day ahead of time and chilled (add 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil to the cooked pasta). Toss everything together just before serving. The dressing can be made ahead too; if it thickens, thin it with a little more vinegar or even milk.