Super easy salad with tons of flavors and textures. Made this for a tailgate, but would also be great at a barbeque, potluck, etc. I used closer to 6 ounces of feta. I found this recipe in Southern Living's "Ultimate Quick & Easy Cookbook". They call for using 2 16oz bags of frozen green beans and microwaving 10 minutes on HIGH in a microwave-safe container, stirring half way through. Here is our full review with pics: http://onecoupleskitchen.blogspot.com/2012/11/green-bean-walnut-feta-salad.html
Green Bean, Walnut, and Feta Salad
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 small purple onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut green beans into thirds, and arrange in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam 15 minutes or until crisp-tender. Immediately plunge into cold water to stop the cooking process; drain and pat dry.
- Toss together green beans, onion, cheese, and walnuts in a large bowl. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Whisk together olive oil and next 5 ingredients; cover and chill 1 hour.
- Pour vinaigrette over green bean mixture, and chill 1 hour; toss just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads