- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans
- 1 small purple onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
How to Make It
Bake walnuts in a shallow pan at 350°, stirring occasionally, 5 to 10 minutes or until toasted; set aside.
Combine oil and next 5 ingredients; cover and chill.
Cut green beans into thirds, and arrange in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam 15 minutes or until green beans are crisp-tender. Immediately plunge green beans into cold water to stop cooking process; drain and pat dry.
Combine walnuts, beans, onion, and cheese in a large bowl; toss well. Cover and chill.
Pour oil mixture over bean mixture 1 hour before serving; toss just before serving.