- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 small purple onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
How to Make It
Cut green beans into thirds, and arrange in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam 15 minutes or until crisp-tender. Immediately plunge into cold water to stop the cooking process; drain and pat dry.
Toss together green beans, onion, cheese, and walnuts in a large bowl. Cover and chill 1 hour.
Whisk together olive oil and next 5 ingredients; cover and chill 1 hour.
Pour vinaigrette over green bean mixture, and chill 1 hour; toss just before serving.